On May 25th, 2018, the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) goes into effect. Maximum fines for compliance breaches are high: Whichever is higher, €10M or 2% of global annual revenue for breaching data controller or data processor obligations and €20M or 4% of global annual revenue for breaching the rights of use of personal data.
These potential high penalties combined with the high impact changes and new obligations of GDPR make that GDPR should be on your radar!
Download here Aberdeen’s “Countdown to GDPR Enforcement: Is your Organization Technology-Ready?” report.
Personally Identifiable Information (PII) is subject to GDPR. That is all data that allows to, directly or in combination with other data, identify an individual person.
You will have obligations like:
- Obtaining explicit consent for the use of PII
- Dealing with the right to be forgotten or requests for PII data removal
- Conducting data protection impact assessments (DPIA)
- Having a Data Protection Officer (DPO)
Clearly, there are a lot of new rules to understand, adhere to and to be translated into processes and procedures.
Fortunately, Innovation Unplugged, a joint initiative of Cronos Group and SAP partner Flexso, together with its data security specialized sister companies, can support you with this.
We can help end to end, from GDPR impact assessment to tooling. Among other we do:
- GDPR Impact Assessment, Readiness Assessment & Gap Analysis
- Process & Policy Design
- Awareness Creation & Education
- Data Protection & Compliance Monitoring Automation
Engage with us and we will show you how we can help you getting ready for GDPR.